Early Years Class Teacher
Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria
- To plan and deliver quality teaching and learning for ages 3 – 11 based on School Curriculum and link with International Primary Curriculum whilst maintaining a conducive learning environment within the classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver lessons based on approved school curricula involving factual background material, materials on current events and other appropriate activities and also support other activities that promote learning within and outside the school to encourage pupils to develop skills and attitudes, draw conclusions, achieve improved interpersonal relationships and make value judgments based on scientific methods of inquiry.
- Teach challenging, well organised lessons, using an appropriate range of teaching strategies which meet individual learners’ needs, including children for whom English is an additional language.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in IPC and education generally, sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives and monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
- Establish good relationship and communicate with parents and school coordinators on pupil progress, providing regular feedback on the development of the children.
- Prepare, assess, issue and discuss pupils’ report with their parents to ensure increased performance (learning) of the pupils. Use assessment as a means of improving learning.
- Assist with organizing extra-curricular activities and in developing the school’s curriculum and other developmental programs to enhance (learning) knowledge base of pupils.
- Register the attendance of and supervise children, before, during or after school sessions as appropriate.
- Identify pupil needs, and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems to ensure all children reach their potential.
- B.Ed. , B.SC(Ed), B.A(Ed) or B.A/B.SC plus (PGDE/PGCE) in any discipline and minimum of 2nd class honours lower division (2:2)
- Possession of Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) [e.g.be a registered member with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, have QTS or recognition by a similar international body].
- Possession of NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Certificate/Exemption Letter.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in teaching with at least 3 years in the Early Years/Nursery classes (ideally an international school).
- Experience in teaching the International Primary Curriculum/National Curriculum of England is an added advantage.
- Excellent skills in classroom management.
- Should be a person of high integrity and excellent character.
- Not more than 45 years old as at January 31, 2021.
How to Apply
- Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year)
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Educational Qualification(s) obtained with title(s), class of degree(s) & date(s)
- NYSC Status (NYSC Certificate/ Exemption Certificate Available)
- QTS Status (TRCN/Other Certificate(s) Available)
- Years of experience (Post-Graduation)
- Years of experience (teaching in a primary school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching in an international school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching the International Primary Curriculum)
- Years of experience (teaching the National Curriculum of England)
- Job history starting from the most recent employment (with dates)
- Any additional qualification/skill/etc. that makes the candidate stand out
- Applicants should write a supporting statement (no longer than 2 sides of A4/250 Words) entitled: ‘How I will be an effective Teacher at RAIS’.
- Complete and submit the RAIS Employment Application Form
- Applicants should send their CV with copies of supporting documents (mentioned in the CV), the supporting statement with email subject: Title of Position Applied For to: RAISRecruitment@raisbny.com
- Application deadline is 2 weeks from date of advert publication, any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Any application with CV not structured in the given format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).